bmwx5nyc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx5nyc View Post
no but the downside of this code is that the tailgate will become a little more open, you could air coming in from the trunk when your driving inside, it's too small of an opening for anyone to see but still.
??? I got lost on this one. If the tail gate has the soft close feature and the auto closing tailgate...I'm not seeing how changing the speed of the tailgate's closing will leave a gap as long as the soft close feature is still pulling the tailgate closed.

If I were to close the tailgate by hand and gently pushed it until the softclose actuator engaged and pulled the tailgate shut...would there be an opening for air to escape? If not, slowing the auto-closing of the tailgate is basically doing the same thing...instead of slamming it closed...it slows it down to a softer close.

If the latches were readjusted...then I could see how things may not align correctly thus making the two panels not seal properly...but if the latches are in the same location and the soft close feature has not been tampered with...slowing down the speed of the tailgate to prevent it from slamming shut and causing the "THUNK" shouldn't affect the seal between the two panels.

Again, perhaps I'm missing something in your scenario...and I'm open for correction/enlightenment.
no if you have the no slam tailgate code like i do, the problem is the left side will be open more slightly then the rite, it happens to a lot of people, but you can barely tell it's open.
Appreciate 0