04-22-2015, 03:18 PM   #32
WilliCO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535 xDrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
I never really fell in love with either of my F10's. Beautiful cars to look at, very fast (550) but something was always missing. It wasn't a sporty drive nor was it roomy so it didn't really work for my family. Like you now what my daughter is getting older we plan to take her out on my outdoor trips and having the extra storage/trunk space of an SUV is priceless.
The F10 really is an odd car. It's one of the prettiest sedans they've ever built. Mine has seemed more rigid and solidly built than any other car I've owned. But for all that, it's not much fun at all compared to either of my previous BMWs. It has the strangest turn-in; the car very briefly feels like it would really rather keep going straight and then finally agrees to duck its shoulder in a bit. It's no Barry Sanders. I have to believe that although BMW's sales leadership may like the car well enough, their engineers see it as having missed the target.

The N55 is a pretty amazing engine. Even at 6 seconds, the X5 3.0 is one of the fastest SUVs in the class. I think adding the MPPK is a great cost compromise against the V8 X5, which seems to be way more expensive the way I build them.