View Single Post
      11-14-2017, 09:03 AM   #40
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBBX5M View Post
I offer to buy one and have it sent to onfireX5 only if he can give us data comparing stock, Dinan and this 2K intake!

NOTE: onfireX5 must send it back to me (Sarasota FL address)
A very gracious offer. I will flow test any part for anyone on this forum for free. But let me save you the hassle. I've been modifying and racing cars for 40 years (turbo's since 1999). I own 4 rides. 3 are turbocharged 1 is supercharged. I've bought a LOT of parts that don't work....and parts that do work based on manufacturer's claims.

Based on my gazillion flowbench, Vbox, Dragstrip and digital manometer tests on my X5M :

Pure Stock X5M(~17psi peak):

M division did a GREAT job designing the Exhaust System and the Intake System. Buy an aftermarket replacement for either for personal customization and not a Horsepower Increase. The correct aftermarket part will enhance sound and visuals, but there's very little to any HP increase to be found because M did an outstanding job.

X5M plus 3psi (~20-21psi peak) from RaceChip, Dinan, JB4, etc :

1. Correct aftermarket exhaust is worth ~10 horsepower.
2. Correct aftermarket intake is worth ~10-15 horsepower.

I pestered Dinan for a week for any data they could provide and received nothing but excuses. They advertise their intake PLUS tuning for a reason. But I do give them an "A" for honesty.

Buy RK if you like that design and the visual. By design, it will give you much more turbo sound than Dinan. Just keep in mind the differences in design.

Also keep in mind that once you get to ZERO pressure drop, you have maxed the HP gains. So If I designed and sold an airbox that outflowed Dinan by 5000cfm, that would be a great marketing pitch.....but it would not make 1 more horsepower over Dinan at 21psi because it is at a zero drop....there is marketing....and then results.

Here is my rolling test bed for turbo parts :
Appreciate 1