View Single Post
      03-20-2017, 05:47 PM   #26
MissVito
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 M60i, M240ix

USB update...

Took my '14 X5 into the dealer for service and to check the USB because of the disconnect/reconnect issue. I showed them a video of it. They duplicated the issue with their phones/cables and then tried a brand new Apple cable which they stated worked fine, no issues. They loaned me a '17 X5 for the weekend and everything works perfectly in it, but it also has iDrive 5.0 (which is very nice ). Seems like they solved the previous media connection issues with this iteration. Their solution is I need to buy *another* cable...a new Apple cable stating that others who did this did not end up bringing their vehicle back. (Maybe they just gave up?) How come everything works fine in other cars but this one has issues? I asked the rep, "so, this is BMW technology, I need to buy a new cable every couple of months?" According to him, my car's USB must be more "sensitive". This is BS, it's happening to a lot of vehicles, but they changed something with newer ones, obviously. I'm thinking they know something we don't and they're hiding it. But, I'm not done with them..

Here's a video of it...hopefully it'll play on here. https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_i...referrer=watch

Last edited by MissVito; 03-20-2017 at 05:56 PM..
Appreciate 0