MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourStageFan View Post
Captain,

I could not agree with you more regarding the safety of using amber turn signals instead of red ones. Using amber for turn signals clearly distinguishes them from the red brake lights and parking lights, thereby causing less confusion for drivers behind you.

Most German car manufacturers dedicated amber for turn signals until recently. Up until this model year, I think the 7-series still had amber turn signals. I believe AUDI was responsible for bringing all-red taillight treatments to the U.S.

I am actually looking for a set of Euro/Canadian-spec taillights that use amber turn signals. Does anyone know if such things even exist anymore?
I think expect for F15/16, you can still get plug and play euro tail lights. Just find the part number at any parts catalog site (I use etk.cc because it has a simple graphic search), Google the part number and order. For example, for your e60: http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/sele...+525xi/ECE/63/

The red turn signal is so US 60s primitive that I have even toyed with getting an amber LED strip and attaching it to the rear somewhere.