View Single Post
      11-12-2018, 02:36 PM   #1
hybrid_eg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 90 S13, 22 MSP, 23 JLUR 4xe

3.75" Slip-On Exhaust Tips for F85 - DIY

I wanted to share a simple yet inexpensive DIY upgrade for those who didn’t want to purchase an exhaust system, yet are looking for an overall stealthier look or simply wanting to match the remaining blacked out trim. p.s. This is my wife’s daily and she definitely didn’t want anything loud as she feel it’s a bit loud already. (I have exhaust valve mod). I went to the muffler shop as I wanted to raise the car on the lift making it easier to install but this can totally be done from the floor..

I bought the 3.75” slip-on tips from Burger tuning. They are currently on sale until they sell off the remaining inventory (see link below).. I do not think they will carry these afterwards so you may want to get yours ASAP if you’re interested in doing this mod. They don’t have black in stock so, only chrome or burned blue. You can get either one and powdercoat them black. I had mine done in satin black ($44).

Prior to install, you need to cut off a small section of each tab which holds the tips in place. Each tip I believe has 5 tabs inside. I used simple metal cutters to do this. Get a pair of gloves and muscle these tips over your stock tips.. you may need to use decent amount of force to slap them on there so get a pair of thick gloves and give each tip several whacks to jam them on there (literally).

Once installed, they will not be coming off again. For lease owners I’m sure BMW will not mind having it return with this, look 10X better than competition tips which came on my F10 M5.

http://www.burgertuning.com/exhaust_...M3_M4_BMW.html

Last edited by hybrid_eg; 11-12-2018 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 6