01-19-2015, 04:28 AM   #76
JensM
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40D 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicapo View Post
Yea of curse we shuld take the words of RC about in tollerance whit some ease, tuners ar allways claiming all kind of stuff but in the end of the day its our cars :-)

I used my tourqe app to get the readings.

I can’t talk of the DPF giving that much power in person but a lot of people whit the f10/11 N57 are talking about at least 10+ hp when removing DPF.

On a another note I also experienced the burnt plastic smell that you were talking about, I accidently hade the setting 0/7 on the car for about 1 hour and i believe the high pressure pump got hot as hell, can’t say 100% because of all the parts and stuff i the motor, but I’m pretty shure, think the car went lean on fuel because of the settings and the smell was burned diesel?? Turned the car to F/6 setting and everything was fine but you should defiantly use the settings whit some caution

Do you Know how to accurate calculate kpa/bar turbo boost from the readings of kpa/bar from the intake? I have forgotten this.

Another question how do i read the EGR values in an accurate way, i mean i have the actual readings but i don’t really now how to use them.

Regarding the 'burnt plastic smell', I am pretty sure this is coming from the diesel particle filter cleaning circle. When it cleans, it smells a bit like an overheated engine and you will hear a lot of 'ticking' sounds. Do not believe this is related to the RC chip nor settings. All diesels do this

JensM
Appreciate 2