View Single Post
      02-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #54
Snow-Kidney
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexecutioner View Post
So far I've had no luck trying to get this issue resolved. I tried to get a hold of the service adviser again to no avail. He seems to be avoiding me like the plague for some reason I fail to understand.

I called BMWNA Friday of last week, explained the issue, and they assured me they would contact the dealership service manager and he would get back to me. As of yesterday I still had not received a call from anyone at the dealership or BMWNA, so I called BMWNA again. The person that answered the call said the file showed they emailed the dealership last week. They transferred the call to the same lady I spoke to last time and I left a voice mail asking to be called back and an explanation about why am I being ignored and treated like crap.

I am sick with a cold right now, but I’ll find time this week and drive to the dealership to confront these clowns in person and won't leave until offered a solution. If that fails I will contact my attorney and have him handle this incident. I am sure they will listen then.

I am floored by how poorly I have been treated. I hope this is an isolated incident and not a norm; it has to be, as things can't be this bad on a regular basis. This is my first BMW and definitely this was not what I was expecting. It is not only about the door defect any more; it is also about being completely ignored when there is an issue with the car that obviously I didn’t cause.

Maybe it is this dealership, or this particular SA. BMWNA wants me to go through them as I bought the car there, but I will never service my car with them for scheduled maintenance or any other need.
Neither of the X5 owners I know have yet to visit the dealer about this. I am expecting for them to have a better experience than yours.

There need to more repercussions for dealers and employees who poorly handle customers. Naming names in forums and on yelp is a start. Dealer employees buy into the poor dealer experience culture without worry of being exposed, then they double down on the behavior and laugh about it with their co-workers. Obviously there are many honest and helpful dealership employees but there a too many bad actors.
Appreciate 0