View Single Post
      08-06-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
anon1000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

X5 (F15) without M-Adaptive or DHP

Hello,

I am planning on getting a 2014-2015 X5 M Sport 50i for my daily driver and occasional Texas to Colorado snowboard trips. In fact, have one under deposit, but then started reading more about the suspension options, and learned that M Sport package in the US is mostly cosmetic.

It seems most come with stock suspension and people seem to have strong opinions about it. I do not want the American SUV experience, loose and all over the places. Also some people report that stock suspension was inducing motion sickness.

Is a car without the M adaptive or DHP something you should just stay away from given my needs? I have a car for the weekends to blow off the steam, and I don't expect the X5 to handle like a sports car, it is heavy and high.

So, could I get objective comments on this please. Resale value with stock suspension and what would you compare it to in terms of ride quality with stock suspension. Getting motion sickness?

I drove a Toyota 4runner SR5 to Colorado last winter, and that did not want to keep a lane in turns, hated it. So, is the X5 gonna suffer from same issues without the suspension upgrades?

I am coming off an Infiniti Fx35 and always loved the way it handled.

Last edited by anon1000; 08-06-2017 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0