View Single Post
      08-06-2017, 12:12 PM   #7
anon1000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
At least you were smart enough to research this before pulling the trigger. IMO just because you have a nice sports handling weekend car does not mean that your SUV shouldn't have the same characteristics... it should be more sought after since you can appreciate a good handling vehicle. Put it this way an X5 with DHP or Adaptive M can out handle most sedans on the road today. It keeps all four corners flat, planted and controlled during spirited drives.

However, in a used car market it will be tough to find them since as said above most people who buy these SUV are not interested in sporty drives and dealers don't include them in their builds especially the DHP since it adds a ton in pricing.

Good luck.
Thanks. That's the thing, I have one in the color, interior and other options that I want, and it is a CPO. But, just stock suspension. I can feel it is floaty, but not many turns to take in DFW, so tough to say how I would like it in the long run.

So if Suburban is a 1, Cayenne GTS a 10, in terms of handling and road holding, where does the stock suspension and M adaptive land? Are we in 1-4 range for stock suspension, and 6-8 with M adapative? Or less of a difference.
Appreciate 1