08-20-2017, 12:22 PM   #19
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
DHP is not a wear and tear item and they're covered under extended warranty. But yes the 50i w/ DHP makes Platinum/gold ext warranty a automatic must have. Those roll bars are like $2k a pop. Air suspension probably the same. Torque diffs yep.

But yes just to add my $.02 the dhp is not something only needed for spirited driving regardless if your in "comfort mode" or not. First you can set sport mode with the sport suspension settings and comfort power train settings (how I start the car up every morning). The tighter steering and better suspension response from simply entering or exiting the hwy is night and day. I have never driven it in the Mtns yet as I live at the beach in Virginia but I feel the difference every day.

Should it be a must for everybody...No of course not. Some people don't but bmw for their handling. But when a company is compared to other German manufacturers and 8/10 that's what sets them apart time and time again then imho not getting a vehicle from that manufacturer (if able, cost, availability, etc) to demonstrate this is curious.

They are harder to find. Took me 3 months looking nearly daily to find mine and then I had to drive 4 states away to get it.
Thanks for your learned input. Your truly dedicated perseverance paid off, glad it worked out for you. Canada has dropped the 3rd year for Extended Warranty, for X5/6 it is $10k for 2 years. DHP or M_Adaptive like all stuff comes down to balancing needs with wants. For me personally , needs were safety hence German and SUV versus car handling, electronic safety features, DA plus. More choice is always a good thing.
Appreciate 0