DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 640i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickP View Post
On AEC's, you can see a bunch of parallel lines which angle inwards. On BMWN1971's, the middle LCD looks exactly like the middle of my E70. TBH, I thought every F15 would have same look as AEC's but that doesn't seem to be the case.
The vehicles equipped with Driver Assistance Package come with a different instrument cluster called: "Instrument cluster with extended contents" AKA "Extended Black Panel" option 6WA and that's the one with the wide LCD section at the bottom of the instrument cluster with that 3D effect. The ones without that option come with the "standard" instrument cluster. BMW NA's site mentions it clearly on the F10 configurator where it is part of Driver Assistance Package and on the F30 it is part of the Technology Package.

To go yet a bit further, option 6WB is the full LCD instrument cluster available here in USA on the LCI 7 Series and on the M Sport Edition 6 Series and by the way some guys have retrofitted the full LCD cluster to the F10, so very likely that it is possible to retrofit to the F15 too
Appreciate 0