02-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #38
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerEast View Post
I have an xDrive 35i being delivered at the end of March, and was pretty pumped to see the Power Kit available for the F15. I contacted my CA to add it to my order as a VDC installed accessory as described in the press release.

My CA initially didn't know much about it, but after a bit of back and forth, she came back to me with an answer today. Apparently the regional accessories rep told her today that these accessories have been discontinued!

WTF? Discontinued a week after the parts were announced? It seems strange, but I can't think of a reason why she wouldn't be telling me the truth, or at least relaying the information to me as it was relayed to her.

Has anyone been successful in ordering from this range (especially the Power Kit), or have any information on what's going on with this?
They are not discontinued. They are just not available yet for individual or VPC order. BMW has this habit of announcing things way ahead of actual availability.