United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F10 M5 Alpine White ZCP

Garage List
2009 e92 M3 coupe  [0.00]
2013 F10 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoke View Post
Like many on this forum I have the experience of terrible brake squeal. My 2016 X5M goes in next week for the fifth trip to have brakes fixed to reduce or eliminate the squealing sound at low speed stops. This time BMW will have two engineers on site to oversee the pad replacement with new experimental pads that supposedly have had good results in virtually eliminating the noise. They will be replacing the rotors again for a second time. The car has 10K miles on it and it has been extremely frustrating to hear the terrible noise. I have a 2105 M3 and have never heard the brakes many any noise whatsoever. I realize they are different size brakes but it seems like my X5M should be just as quiet. I'll report back if five times is a charm. Nothing more frustrating or embarrassing to have a $113K vehicle that sounds like a dump truck when stopping!
Not going to matter at all. Had my two f10 m5's and now my x6m with the same brakes. High performance brakes squeak, that's how they are. Porsche, Mclaren, Ferrari, they will all squeak lol. Carbon ceramics are even worse. There's nothing embarrassing about squeaky brakes. The civic with the windows down isn't going to think less of you. Go to a race and listen to all the cars squeak as they pull into the pits. Don't want squeaky brakes? Don't buy an M that was designed to hang on a race track lol.
Appreciate 0