View Single Post
      07-16-2016, 05:25 AM   #10
UnhappySwede
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 -2016

I see it in a different way. German cars live on their brand and their looks, it appears that they dont feel like they have to do make an effort otherwise. The asians still try to do reliable cars and Believe in their Products, offering long guarantee programs etc. They believe in their Products.

My Kia Optima is superior to any german sedan in Everything but Engine. Much more balanced, stable, fun to drive with superior seats and interior space compared to the E-classe, 5-series etc.

The new Sorento is a step back in build quality etc, I wanted a Santa Fe Sport but settled for the X5 which I still believe is the best SUV out there. But then there's build quality. As I mentioned earlier, I been to the repair shop some 15 times since I picked up my new F15 six months ago. This is more than we spent repairing our familys korean cars in the last 10 years combined.

Now it's broken again and all the repair shops are fully booked for months to come. So if I get what I paid for? I paid a premium price but got a car made up of budget parts and a non-existent service to keep me rolling. But I agree, the engine was great. Until it started wearing out after a few months...whats gonna happend with this car when it starts getting old for real?

Nah, asian stuff is the future. They brought us sushi, mongolian barbecue and reliable cars. A rugged Land Cruiser will do me fine in the future, gonna look like a warlord instead of a local thug.
Appreciate 0