05-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #109
BMWRL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 528xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
All this hand-wringing over the styling amuses me. It's an SUV.
I'm getting one later this year because I want the Utility part of SUV and it will replace my current winter beater. Space to haul crap, and I'll feel better driving it in the winter, and I don't want to rack up too many miles on my car just driving it to the grocery store, etc. Otherwise, I wouldn't even consider an SUV. If BMW sold 5 series AWD wagons here, that's what I would get, but they don't, so it's the X5. The outside styling is pretty much irrelevent. It's an SUV. It's kind of like arguing over which fat chick is prettier.
I saw a F10 5 series wagon in LA yesterday. Hmmm what does that mean??? Gives me hope, as I love my wagon...

After looking at the videos, I think the X5 still looks very handsome, the black one it the video looks really high end. I think darker colors will just suit this generation better. The only thing I wish they would have added was an automatic opening for the rear clam shell doors. I know the upper one is auto, but I wish they both opened when you press the key fob. Does anyone know if you can open the rear ala 3 series, by waving your foot under the bumper? That would seem like a brainless thing to add to the SAV range doesnt it?