View Single Post
      10-16-2017, 07:14 AM   #93
THEX5BEAST
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5D X Drive/ 2018 540D M

Garage List
Vibration issues

I bought a new X5 xdrive a couple of months ago. During the test drive I noticed a vibration. Being my 9th BMW I knew it was no more than an unbalanced tire. Not so. After 4 road force balances and a swap from Pirelli to Michelin no change. My dealership is stumped. Been waiting a week for the BMW regional engineer to show up and test drive it. At this point it has spent 20 days and 4 attempts at the dealership without resolving. Getting a bit frustrated that an 80K SUV is still not right. Lesson learned the hard way.....dont ever buy a car that vibrates even with the salesman's assurance that "we'll fix it, no problem". Waiting for the engineer at this point with a truck I don't dare even add a hitch to, tint windows in or install the clear bra on. Gurrrrr Updated in another post. Holding my breath. Might be fixed this go round. oh it's a 2017 35D with DHP, 19" rims and a bunch of other options unrelated to the issue at hand. 4 Road force balances and 5 new Michelin tires. It might be fixed. A road trip is in order now. New to this site like I need to write that huh?

Last edited by THEX5BEAST; 11-07-2017 at 06:30 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0