08-27-2014, 11:43 PM   #37
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Oh, anytime, my friend . Helping each other out is the purpose of these forums in my humble opinion (there are many helpful members here). Always happy to assist.

Forgot this, but for the flickering error, from all the cars that I have tested including our 2014 ML350, whenever the turn signals, fog lights, or headlights flicker from any aftermarket part, this is usually due to a computer error where the car is sensing a temperature malfunction because the new lights (LED or HID) are drawing less power and that makes the computer think that there is a malfunction in terms of factory settings (sorry for the very long runon sentence, lol). The error should pop up in the CENTER area of your instrument cluster with some light - then if there's no detailed message there, go into your vehicle info in the iDrive menu and see if there are any errors there.

Also, they talk in detail about why the flickering occurs and how to solve it with the solution I mentioned; that's why I posted those settings in the first place just in case it happened for us - I always research before I buy : http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=928778

In all honesty coding doesn't cost much at all. Total cost truly is just from the ENET cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBD2-ENET-Et...3D201056990534. That's the one I bought. And many members have asked about the whole learning of coding and I've assisted them on where to start. If you want to learn, let me know. I'll PM you the information. I learned recently myself after getting help from fellow coders. If you at least download the software that comes with the ENET cable (the seller emails a download link), I can help you remotely via Team Viewer. Coding the lights I wouldn't even charge anything.

However, if you really don't have the time/means for this process, just call up bimmian. They were pretty courteous to me when I had questions about my tracking and when I first ordered. I'm almost positive there's a refund policy within the first 2-4 weeks depending. I know for a fact that there's no way you could have damaged the lights, so you should be able to send them back. Let me know what you decide to do, and I'll try to assist you further.
Hey Opasha I might pull the trigger on this coding cable, might need your help for some basic coding and auto high beam assistant!
Appreciate 0