View Single Post
      09-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #1
bluelodge400
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 X5M-C, '19 Cayenne Turbo

BMS 50i Tune (DIY)

This is a DIY install for the X5 50i Burger Motorsport tune.

The 50i engine uses the N63tu module. It comes with 2 units that piggyback off your MAF (Mass Airflow Sensors).

This was by far the easiest mod I have ever done. In fact, it was so easy a drunk 5 year old could install this!

I contacted board member r33 to purchase the module through his company RG Sports. http://www.rgsportshop.com/
His website was great and his shipping was the same day! Top notch service from one of the most helpful board members we have on this forum.

(I will keep this very basic and non-technical)
1st: Locate the air intake tubes. They are located on the driver’s side and passengers side of the engine.

2nd: Locate and unclip the driver’s side MAF Sensor (you can start with either side).

3rd: Insert the BMS plug where the original BMW MAF clipped into.
4: Plug the original BMW MAF clip into the BMS Module.

5: Zip tie wires so nothing is dangling.

6: Repeat on passenger side.

That’s it, you are all done! It took me about 3 minutes.

Driving impressions:
WOW, this tune is well worth the $600.00 investment. It took about 30 to 50 miles of driving for me to really feel the difference. If I had to guess, the vehicle takes some time to recalibrate and adjust to the new settings. Make sure to use 91+ octane. You will get some exhaust backpressure popping when letting off the gas at lower speeds. Some people like this sound, some don’t.
Overall, I am very happy I did this mod. It has really transformed the way the X5 performs.

This mod could really benefit from a high flow air intake. IMO, you can feel the engine is struggling to get a bit more air.

RG Sport web link for the Tune- http://www.rgsportshop.com/index.php...product_id=202

Next MODS:
1. Laser Inceptor(Laser Jammer) I am working on getting a “group buy” through LI.
2. Rigid Industries high intensity LED light bar behind the lower front grill. (This is not for everyone. For me, I would prefer to have the additional light so I won’t hit a bear at 80+mph while driving in Tahoe!)
3. Air Intake(Whenever someone creates this product. From the looks of it, it might be awhile.)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1