View Single Post
      09-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #8
bluelodge400
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 X5M-C, '19 Cayenne Turbo

I was able to convince myself 2 ways.
1.The vehicle is leased and 2. I wanted to do it right away so I would maximize the full use/cost of the tune.

I care very much about warranty, without it, BMW would not have replaced my last X5.(I did not have any MODs done on that vehicle.)
I am still worried that there might be problems down the road and my warranty could possibly be voided but since the tune only seems to change the MAF settings, I cant possibly see there being too many problems. My guess would be that BMW Techs would only see readings that the engine is taking in more oxygen than normal. (This just my guess and I am sure I'm wrong on this one!). I just hope I don't have to cross that bridge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5Jouster View Post
i have about 200 miles as well..... very interested in reports and updates from you regarding this tune.....

i am only hesitant to take this tune so soon only because we have not broken in our engines and any issues that would have risen anyways will now be exacerbated with the tune?

how did you convince yourself to do it so quickly?

do you not care bout warranty? or are thinnking if you pull them out, who could know, and if they blame you...."what in the world are you talking about" kinda thing
Appreciate 0