View Single Post
      04-13-2015, 10:04 PM   #28
Jai 302
Banned
Rep
Drives: F13 640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
Audi developed the Lamborghini V10. Mercedes still has its V12, which arguably superior to the BMW V12. They have TT V6s, and apparently will be returning to I6s with a 2.9 liter TT I6.
The E63 has a 5.5 liter V8. Yes, the AMG GT and the C63 have the same 4.0 liter V8 (which sounds better than the S63tu, even though using the same "hot Vee" layout).
Speak for yourself buddy. BMW made a V12 which hasn't been matched by Merc till date. Remember the McLaren P1. Also Let's not forget that the 760's V12 competes with the S600 V12 not the S65. I'd say the 760i has a better engine than an S600.

Someone in my college has a blue M5 with an M performance exhaust system and no AMG I heard comes close to sounding as good - perhaps except the SLS. I heard the AMG GT live in person and even in "S" guise with AMG sport exhaust it doesn't sound AS good as the M5 with M performance exhaust. So no the new Merc 4.0 does not sound "way" better. In fact it has more of that american muscle note that the dime a dozen Chargers and silverados have. The M5 sounds a lot more unique. RWD vs RWD the turbo V8 AMG's get eaten alive by their bmw turbo V8 counterparts. Only thing that sucks about the S63tu is active exhaust!

And FWIW I'm not a blind BMW fanboy. I think the SLS is the greatest german car ever after the Porsche 918. But apart from the SLS and G-wagon I think BMW's are just better suited to MY taste and needs than Mercs. Hoping to soon get my 3rd BMW when I trade in my 6er for an M5. E63 looks like it's for old people and I'm just 22.
Appreciate 1