View Single Post
      09-15-2015, 01:13 AM   #45
Snow-Kidney
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
Edited to report initial impressions should others search for like issues with Johnson 20 fronts, Air Blue 80 windshield, Johnson 5 sunroof:

There is a noticeable difference with managing the heat inside the cabin, both after entering the X5 even if it has been out for hours and driving in 100 temps with the sunroof open. I have the BMW sunshade but will need this less often.
I have no problems with HUD day or night.
I do not see halos from headlights or street lights at night and have no problems seeing out the windows or using rear view mirrors at night. I can see clearly through the sunroof during the day and all that I need to see at night.
The dot matrix looks okay to me and I have not yet noticed any trapped dust particles on the windshield. This is a shop that this week had a Maserati then a Lamborghini.
All my BMW stickers are gone, but my OK Turnpike "Pikepass" was rescued. However, I have been told to wait one week before sticking the Pikepass back on the windshield.
An assistant used a meter to check my rear factory windows and came up with a reading of 15%. From the outside, all the windows appear to match although I have the rear shades up now which makes the rear windows look darker (than the fronts) from the outside.
Any tint added to the front windows will impair visibility. 20% is really dark and can be very dangerous at night, especially on poorly lit intersection/streets. The blacked out windows look great but should be driven with caution.
Appreciate 0