View Single Post
      02-20-2018, 07:35 PM   #17
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
So here you go: front bumper, left headlight, hood, left fender and fender flair, possibly bent left lower control arm (if wheel took a hit too). AW 300 paint, alignment and labor. Probably around $8-9k top (I'm too lazy to google it, but all oem parts from bmw would be around $4-5k max and the rest $4k is labor). Question is who took the rest of $20k? Rhetorical question of course. Insurance companies and auto shops - that triple and quadruple every part and labor in their invoice books to make a fortune out of a relatively simple fender bender. It is how it is - can't fight them or change rules - just need to accept it and get used to it.

P.S. The work needed to put it back is about 20hours max + 3 days for paint job - what they were doing 2 months is beyond me
It's possible some parts were back ordered. I had a minor hit in the rear which triggered the head restraint on the driver seat and my repairs were completed within a week but I couldn't pick up the car because the head restraints were on back order for 3 months. I was also successfully able to have bmw financial reimburse me for those times