06-21-2017, 02:10 PM   #101
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
Previously owned an F15 50i, since the climate here is hot 10 out of the 12 months, I can tell you the A/C is good, but not very good. Sometimes during summer (around 48 degrees C, 120 F), it would completely block - when at max the air is blocked and it feels as if something is standing in the way. At other times it would be a freezer.

I had it checked a few times at the dealer but they say there is nothing wrong with it. I think it has to do with the way the A/C is designed, which is stupid for a premium SUV.
Exactly what my car Does.

2017 x50i. Outside temps above 100 and it absolutely happens. I wish it were as easy as everyone thinks with driving it around, center vent on blue, parked in the shade idle, or 100 mph on the freeway. All the same.

Dealer believes we have narrowed down the issue. Im being extremely vague so when I get the car back Ill go into more detail. However it absolutely makes sense in a logical form. Ac is very simple. Hot side, cold side, and blower. Only thing in between is the airbox which "intelligently" diverts air at its own.

But good luck getting BMW to admit that.