United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 (LCI), i3 BEV

Garage List
2015 BMW i3 BEV  [0.00]
2009 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
So after, almost two weeks of back and forth emailing between myself, Dtmhaus, and RaceChip, Racechip says they will not give a refund. My email from Dtmhaus Representative Raul regarding what RaceChip said in order to avoid refunding me:

"1. Installation was not completed right.
2. Installation manual was not read by the installer
3. Parts were removed that did not need to be removed
4. Installation proved to be completed wrong when dummy plug did not revert to OEM settings
5. Parts and wiring harness was tested before shipping with German TUV standards
6. Customer did not supply information on the MAP sensor plug used and we needed to supply the adapter harness."

Honestly, what a garbage company. Not only did they not provide any proper feedback or information for the 5.0i engine, they blamed the lack of this information onto me. Before I even received the product, I had emailed Dtmhaus and RaceChip regarding the installation because they had NO INSTALLATION instructions for the 5.0i. I still read their provided N55 engine manaul (the wrong manual they provide because well, they don't have an N63TU manual or any manual similar that requires to MAP sensor plug ins). I didn't even get to use the chip because of the stupid Drivetrain Malfunction that occurred.

If anyone is interested and wants to give it a try, I have the RaceChip TB Ultimate for the F15 5.0i in mint condition for sale before putting it on Ebay. All I did was install it and it never got utilized, so everything is pretty much brand new. Even the way we did the install was very clean. I'm going to take a $100 hit and sell it for $500 with free shipping. PM me if you're interested. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with your F15, I've been running the same chip you have for 4 months now with no issues. I know 3 other owners that have been running this same chip with no problems. Do you think possibly it was a bad install at all though? I'm no marketing expert but it doesn't help you calling RaceChip garbage and then try to resell their RaceChips on here.
Appreciate 0