United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 (LCI), i3 BEV

Garage List
2015 BMW i3 BEV  [0.00]
2009 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Thank you, @SF_E60. You're right. I shouldn't have called them a garbage company. I retract that statement. I just had a bad experience and the chip didn't seem to play well with my car. I had my doubts on the install too when the first drivetrain malfunction occurred, so I made him open it up and double check everything, and it was done correctly; this is why it was very confusing in regards to the errors. I don't want to sell it for so cheap because I didn't even get to use it at all and everything is in mint condition. I wish I could have used the chip and actually gotten the performance benefits out of it like you and others have, but I don't want to risk another malfunction. That whole process was a big headache/complete waste of time.
@Opasha I understand this whole ordeal was a complete waste of time for you. But would you consider giving the chip another chance? The worst that can happen is you trigger another drivetrain malfunction error, you take it to bmw and they clear the code? I'm guessing you are not getting charged since the vehicle is under warranty? I totally understand if this is your daily driver and don't have time to be taking it to the dealer. Its unfortunate that you couldn't get this to work properly on your X5 though. Good Luck with the sale if you end up selling the chip.
Appreciate 0