View Single Post
      09-11-2014, 07:12 PM   #100
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Ok, so I decided to completely take apart the engine area myself and install the RaceChip via the MAP sensors the way RaceChip designated this tune to be installed. Let me tell you...this is not an easy at all. However, turns out, my mechanic did in fact use the wrong plug (the 4720 - red plug). This plug absolutely does not work and I don't know why it was sent in the first place...I was surprised because there's no way it would have connected to the sensors - no wonder there was a Drivetrain malfucntion. The 8720 plug (pink plug that is shorter) is the right plug that plugs into BOTH the MAP and the MAF sensors. So, I plugged it in and did the whole install myself. I'm about to go drive my car right now and will report back what I find. I also set the RaceChip tune back to factory settings (I never touched S1=1, but I change S2=B back to B from A). Hopefully, this works without errors.

If not, I completely give up and will definitely be selling this chip on ebay for $400. Please excuse my frustrations and give me the benefit of the doubt. I did this install and guide for all of you. I hope it helps. If you are thinking about this chip...I don't recommend it if you want an easy install. Go with BMS for sure. The MAF sensors are so much easier to just plug into than having to remove things to get to the MAP sensors. I feel like I have a mechanic's strong forearms now....can't remember the last time I did a good forearm workout, lol.

UPDATE: I just got back from driving in all 3 modes. The car is again much more powerful (S1=1 and S2=B RaceChip Ultimate TB factory settings) and there are no issues whatsoever. No CEL or any other alerts present. So, the install for RaceChip is definitely using the pink 8720 plug into the MAP sensors in front of the intercoolers. If anyone has any questions or needs any help, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by opasha; 09-12-2014 at 04:27 AM..
Appreciate 1