View Single Post
      09-02-2016, 06:55 PM   #4
trotsky
Rep
Drives: 2016 x5

Garage List
2013 e93  [0.00]
I have this combo, works great so far I am about 1 month in. I just did a 1K+ mile trip for a vacation drive and everything was smooth.

I dont have an Android device, but I borrowed a friends and drove around in race mode on the dinan sport and it was a bit much, as this is our family car that my wife also drives. So I left it in Sport+ which I think is around 3+ PSI. Hardest part of install was removing the original bmw sensor, but install is easy once that is done. Hopefully Dinan will have the IOS version out soon so I can toggle to race when the family is not in the car.

For $300 & I think paid around 1K for the MPPK, it's really a pretty good deal with the big increase in power. I was going to get the racechip originally, but Dinan just came out with this model and it seemed to do 90% of what racechip does for 1/2 the price + bluetooth via cell phone, and also I think Dinan is a bit more trustworthy.

I think with the MPPK the N55 x5 makes around 335HP, and I imagine in racemode you get another 10% so around 365+ total. If you can live without the IOS app for now I would highly recommend it, also no real change in MPG etc.
Appreciate 0