Slower traffic keep right.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X5 35d & '18 M4 Coupe ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelodge400 View Post
Ckortane,
What did BMW do to fix the problem?

My 50i MSport has been in the shop for the last 2 weeks with the same issue and the dealer can't seem to find the problem. Everything they have done(Which I doubt is all that much!)has not fixed the Drivetrain Malfunction error.
Not to be negative or speculate but I agree that you need to get the issue documented by the dealership ASAP. I've been going through the same error on my '11 X5 50i for the past year. So much so that BMW is buying back my car. When speaking with my local dealership's lead tech, the V8 has issues with timing chains, injectors, and spark plugs getting cracked. Mine left me stranded on the highway many times. Even after replacing the timing chain, injectors, and plugs mine had the same error within a week of picking it back up. The last straw was when I was stranded with my infant son.

I hope this isn't the case for you and I'm sure they all aren't like this but there was a 750 and 550 at my dealership with the same issues.

I say to get it documented because that helped me when negotiating the Trade Assist. I have a 35d on order now. I'll miss the power and sound of the V8 though...

Edit: My error was "Engine malfunction! Reduced power"

Good luck

Last edited by SpeedN8; 04-04-2014 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 0