View Single Post
      05-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #58
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic80 View Post
I can see how that one would be useful to some folks who prefer to have their phones displayed on the windshield for apps like Waze, etc.
There are much cheaper alternatives. Any good windshield mount will work better while having bluetooth connected instead. It's quicker and more convenient this way too considering BMW bluetooth automatically links up when you enter your vehicle.

Also, to everyone regarding the MY BMW REMOTE apk for android. I sent an email asking about it and how the UK has it, etc. Here's the lame response I got back from a rep:

Dear Mr. Pasha:

Thank you for writing to BMW of North America, LLC regarding the My BMW Remote app for Android. At this time we don't have any information about future plans to release this app for Android devices. We are continuing to work diligently on the development of products and technologies for use in our vehicles and will be able to announce relevant developments in the future. Thank you for your understanding. The BMW Customer Relations and Services Department is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., ET. You can reach us at 1-800-831-1117.

Sincerely,

Matthew Martin

Customer Relations and Services

Representative

The All-New BMW M3 Sedan and BMW M4 Coupe
Lighten Up. Power Up.
www.bmwusa.com

So, for any of you that actually use your phones to quickly look up google map locations. Just download SEND TO CAR from Google Playstore. It's free. Browse to any map location using google maps, then press the share button, find the SEND TO CAR application. It will open up with the location information and enter your BMW ASSIST name after you've already setup BMW ASSIST (this service is free for 10 years on all '14 models). Then just press SEND, and it will send the address directly to your BMW ASSIST Messages folder in the X5 quite fast in about 2-3 seconds (no lag at all like the My BMW Remote. Open it and you can navigate directly or call them from your X5. It's really convenient and beats having to manually enter in with the iDrive. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Appreciate 0