02-14-2017, 05:24 PM   #76
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrwrld View Post
Believe me CHP don't give no warnings, they think there a bunch of storm troopers on the highway, always trying to mean mug you.
This is the most ridiculous statement that I've ever heard. Plenty of people receive warnings. Sorry that it hasn't worked out for you personally however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Seriously? Wow! I didn't even know you could get ticketed for suspension.
There are ride height requirements (...although it is rare for an officer to actually measure your vehicle and write you a citation over ride height).

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4recruiter View Post
I think there are different experiences, based on different circumstances. While I've already stated my opinion on this particular situation, I had another with a different outcome -

I was speeding - 20-25mph over on a two-lane highway. After being stopped, I was polite and when I handed my information to the Officer, I commented that my updated address was written on the back. He was surprised and said, "Nobody does this." After he ran my plates, he returned and again stated his surprise, handed me my documents and told me to drive safely. To be honest, it barely felt like a warning (although I certainly took it as one). This was many years ago, before the ///M.
+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon @ eas View Post
Indeed - there's a height requirement I believe, from the bottom of the headlights to the ground. Something along the lines of 22 inches minimum.
Pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyC151 View Post
My point is that we as a society place FAR too much emphasis on traffic rules. Yes, we need politicians to place some restrictions, but it's totally out of control. I'd like the fines to be cut by 90%, too. And, absolutely yes, I'm with you that it would be great if citizens would only approximately follow the rules, tell the truth and be upstanding and responsible and accountable and respectful. We agree. Until then, I think we spend far too many resources on traffic laws and enforcement - reread some of the posts above if you need to see why. (Here in Virginia, people are actually getting jail time for speeding over 85mph)
While I won't deny that politicians often push agendas, speed is a real factor. I see it every single shift. You are insulated from it because you aren't working traffic collisions. You aren't cleaning up the mess. You aren't dealing with the dead bodies. I also wish the fines for driving under the influence were even higher, and I wish the punishment was more severe than it already is.
Appreciate 3