View Single Post
      06-09-2023, 03:08 AM   #61
Exdirectory
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by F15_SGM View Post
Okay, so the first thing to check is when you hit the bumps do both sides go flat? if so then the second step is to change the relay its a green little box right next to the fuses in the trunk. Just unclip and pull it. That should fix your problem but if it doesn't, you most likely just need to service the compressor and valve. If that does not fix it completely then the new compressor is 259$ from amazon and its's "swsd" brand. So far after doing steps 1 and 2 on my x5, I have not had the issue again and I still have not changed my compressor even though I have it already just in case. I would recommend after doing those steps to order the compressor and keep it on the side just in case a year later the issue happens, that way you can install it right away. If you need help locating the relay I can post pictures. the last thing after you put a new relay in is to lock the car and wait a little while or an hour to let the system reset and it will air up once you unlock the car and then test drive it over hard roads. Since your fuses keep getting blown. The only way to say you need the compressor changed 100% is after you install the new relay. Pretty much diagnosis step by step. Also no need to disconnect the battery for this.
Thanks for this. Just woke up this morning to find my rear suspension is down on both sides, i did have to replace both bags a couple of months ago, I got the arnot ones.

My question is, I can hear the compressor running but it does not inflate, is it still worth trying the relay? I tried removing the 40amp 110 fuse with car on and off and had no affect.

Am not mechanically minded but also like to avoid the kind of costs mentioned on this post for taking to a garage!!
Appreciate 0