View Single Post
      09-17-2016, 01:04 PM   #130
slampert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX50

Hi,

I'm new to the board, and the owner of a two week old, well optioned X5, except for base audio. Apparently the person who ordered the car I bought off the lot thought everything was more important than good sound....

I've done some research and pretty much settled settled on upgrading as follows. I'll swap out the OEM subs for the Rockford Fosgate T3BMW3's and replace the front door 10CM speakers with Focal ISN100's. I'm leaning toward replacing the rear door speakers as well.

I have a friend with a 3D printer, and we plan to fabricate X5 door mounts to fit the Focal mids. A member on one of the other forums who fabricated a wood door mount was kind enough to send me his oem speaker. I will post pics as things progress.

For the moment, that leaves the 10CM center / dash speaker unresolved. As some have reported, on the base audio system, they omit the tweeter. However the dash mount is a BMW standard.

Possible replacement speakers include the Focal IFBMWS and the Rockford Fosgate T3BMW3. Unfortunately both of these component speakers are sold in pairs.

I found an Ebay vendor offering exceptionally good pricing on Focal. If anyone is interested in upgrading their dash speaker and wants to go 50 /50 on a pair of these speakers, please PM me and we can coordinate purchase thru the vendor.

Otherwise, I think I've got a plan. If not, I'll be shopping for an amp....

Comments ?
Appreciate 0