gtp900
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335D, 2015 35d mspor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radekxpl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoM5 View Post
Radek, just to confirm, this downpipe you ordered from the Europeans fit your US spec F15 just fine? Also it appears it doesn't come with a flange for the midpipe?

To everyone following this thread, I've been doing research into doing the ABC delete and have some updates:

BPC no longer sells these kits, a lot of other places also appear to not be touching the F15 any longer.

I contacted a couple of ebay sellers from Europe that generally sell downpipes, but they all say this won't fit the US N57 engines for whatever reason. Can anyone confirm who they have ordered from and if it fit? Radek ordered from someone in Lithuania but they also don't have it anymore.

The EGR delete kits sold on ebay (the only place I could find them) also appear to only work on Euro spec N57 engines. The guys from tunemyeuro.com (buzzken?) also claim there are no EGR delete kits for US diesels, but the OP claims he bought a kit from that British lad on ebay and it worked? I have asked that ebay seller and I am waiting for an answer, if anyone else who has done this could chime in it would be appreciated?

As for the mid section, which DOC is everyone going with? I can't seem to find anything on the internet, is this something that is only stocked by muffler shops? Someone mentioned they used a Magnaflow, but I am unable to find any links/info on this?
Also, are there muffler shops that can make the midsection out of stainless steel?
The only ones who still seem to sell the downpipe/midpipe w/DOC section all as a kit in stainless are tunemyeuro, but they are expensive ($1300 with shipping). If I can get the downpipe from europe for $360 that would leave almost $1K to figure out the mid section. I figure a DOC with pipe should be doable for $500 which leaves a good discount in the pocket if the right place that does this can be found?

Finally, how are people removing the DEF mixing valve/injector? It has two coolant lines, the DEF line and a connector going into it. How are people plugging the connector on the car's harness and the DEF line? Are they just connecting the two coolant hoses together or do they get bypassed somewhere upstream on the engine?

Thanks in advance guys!
Yes this downpipe fits https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-f30-f31...kAAOSwuyNbGTMC like a glove its a direct fit no modification needed. It comes standard with factory size connection to be compatible with factory midsection which is 2.75 in diameter. I actually contacted the seller on ebay his name is Tom and requested to do oversized 3 inch connection since I was going with to make 3 inch midsection as well, he did no problem at no additional cost. Now I have full 3 inch downpipe alone with 3 inch midsection all the way to back of the car, for the midsection I went to my local muffler shop 3 inch bent pipe cost me $90, so total cost for the hardware part of this mod was $450. I see he does not have them in stock anymore I would send him a message to see if he can make you one, you can't beat his price and its a quality downpipe full ss welds are beautiful. As for the DOC Cat for now I'm running without it straight pipe style, diesel smell does not bother me at all for now, I can always add a cat down the road, I know Rawtecinc uses GESi cats on their midsections I'm not sure what everybody else is using. Personally I did not delete egr its not mandatory, since you can have it coded out and unplug the connectors that way it will not open and will work the same way as if you put a block off plate there, not worth the hassle imo removing it. Hope this helps.
Radekxpl so the stock mid section inlet is 2.75" and outlet is 3"? So if I were to have Tom upsize the outlet of his fabed downpipe to 3" it will fit up to stock exhaust after cutting out midsection? (As you said you did).
Appreciate 0