View Single Post
      11-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #287
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 550i & '14 F15 35i

Hey everyone! Pardon the delay... We secured our new X5 35i yesterday!!! I've uploaded a few pix from yesterday when we took delivery... The lighting in the garage isn't so great, and the weather is pretty crap here in NYC today, so I may wait till tomorrow to take more pix and upload.

What I can say so far, is this F15 is great! Orientation/Training was about 45 mins long. This car has so many features, options and do-dads. Thank god I video recorded it. Because I'm going to have to do all of that stuff again to program my fob. By the way, this fob is massive! Its like having a pack of smokes in your pocket-LOL

The wife and I put about 100 or so miles on it last night. The car feels so much lighter than the E70 and roll on acceleration from 60-80 is very nice and smooth. And it's pretty flat around the corners at just over the suggested speed posted for the off ramps. The new heads up display is very nice too. Graphics are sharp...

ACC is kind of weird at first and had my foot hoovering over the brake pedal but after about the first 10-20 miles I started trusting it more. It's odd having the cruise control functions on the steering wheel. The buttons and the thumb wheel on the steering wheel are a bit crammed together. It's kind of cluttered in my opinion. I miss the cc stick on the side of the steering wheel. It going to take some getting use to, but M wheel is sooo nice, I'll get over it! LOL

Speaking of sticks, the turn signal doesn't click into place for the longer than 3 right or left signal flashes. Its a "muted" kind of feel. I haven't had a new car in a few years, but is this something new? That's really going to take some getting use to.

That's all for now,
M
Attached Images

Appreciate 0