View Single Post
      07-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #82
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbragg View Post
I just did this project and it was still a bitch to remove some of the connectors even after reading all the suggestions. The black/pink connector did not want to come loose despite me pressing all pink "buttons". Also, lack of slack in wires makes doing this tough in a tight space. Glad it's over....
Yeah, the connectors are definitely the trickiest/most time consuming part. I had issues with the slack as well, which is why I disconnected all of the plugs from the white plastic portion to create more room to work with. Maybe I got it in reverse when I said this: Blue/Pink: this is tricky - pushing the pink button didn't work for me bc it was too tight so I used the pocket knife nail filer point to push the blue square inside that tiny hold you see in the picture and pulled both wires apart - it was tricky so be careful you don't hurt yourself." The black/pink one might have been the tricky one. Either way they both have that tiny notch hole for a pocket knife nail filer point or something small enough to fit in their to release the mechanism as you pull. Sorry it was difficult for you, bro. That's why I ended up writing up the extra details because I actually broke a sweat doing this portion and didn't want to break anything, lol.

However...in the end, it's worth it .