View Single Post
      08-24-2015, 08:58 PM   #1
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

'16 X5 35i build: My head hurts...can you help??

We are finalizing our X5 build, and I need a last bit of final input. I've done a lot of reading and know options are very personal for some. But my head is about to explode, and I think I need a reality check. Here is what we are thinking.....

2016 X5 xDrive35i

A52 Space Gray Metallic
LCB8 Terra Dakota Leather
4AC Poplar wood trim
ZLL luxury line
ZCW Cold Weather package
ZDA Driver Assistance Package
5DP Park Assistant
ZDB Driver Assistance Plus
5AT ACC Stop&Go + Active Driving Assistant
ZPP Premium Package
456 Multi-contour seats
688 Harmon Kardon surround sound system
ZLP lighting package
417 Rear manual shades

I'll make a few comments and then would love to get some hearty final assistance from you guys!:

Wife likes the Terra color and prefers the Dakota over the Napa...go figure. I like the leather dash, but not for $1200.
I know the Park Assistant is a $500 toy...I read mixed things about it and perhaps we should cut it out?
LED lighting package? We are rural and it is dark 30 around here at night. I figured give it a try? But it's $1900......
Rear sun shades....only $250 but do folks like those? My kids are teenagers so wondering if they would get much use...and any negatives to having them?

And the Big question........

Should I add DHP or DDC/rear axle air suspension???

DHP is $4500 and DDC is $1500. I have read the great comments about DHP, and it sounds awesome. But I take a hard swallow at the price. One caveat to mention: This will be a lease...thinking 3yr/12k per yr , so not sure if folks would change recommendations based on that or not.

As I have it built above we are looking at MSRP $71,070. Our USAA deal will be $65.5k +TT&fees.

Thanks so much,
P67
Appreciate 0