10-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #59
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i, 2015 F15 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTookies View Post
Okay... so I just been trough the whole replacement deal with the EGR... EGR Valve and cooler replaced along with injector and another pressure valve behind the EGR Cooler... my check engine light is still coming back after not even 100miles... dealer says they need to replace the intake next... Could you not just either unplug the EGR Valve and code it in a way that it won't trigger the memory or insert a piece of metal after the valve that will "plug" the line and won't let the gases recirculate, go back into the intake as soot it dirty? Or is there another flow sensor afterward? What is the reason for you saying that it is not an option to remove it? If the valve no longer lets burned fuel gas recirculate... what does that do to the performance, fuel mileage... and will this potentially clog up the cat converter sooner?

I drive a lot of miles at 80k now after 22months... I am not planning on spending 10k every 2 years on repairs... especially where in Texas Diesel are Emission testing exempt....

I'm really trying to find a solution even if that's not optimal and means extra work...
DPF SCR EGR delete possible?
Appreciate 0