12-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #11
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylengraver View Post
I live in the suburb of Vancouver and this is one of those places where young people move to have children and start families. Mostly blue collar, the demographic has discovered pickup tucks with extended cabs as minivan replacements. So every bro going to a worksite in the morning can feel manly and tough, as opposed to driving a Sienna or some such.
And after work their wives can bring all the diapers they will ever need from a local Costco and still look like cool chicks that they undoubtedly are.
Literally 90% percent of traffic in the morning are trucks.
It will be a VERY, VERY, VERY long time before I see more EVs around here... unless they start selling electric pickups.
And they would have to figure out how to make them super noisy as well as able to expel clouds of black smoke at will.
Then, sure, I can see them becoming mainstream.
I read an article in the National Post the other day, still over 70% of new vehicles sold in Canada are Pick up trucks, most being Ford F150's.....I'd say about 80% of the articles I read on new cars etc are ICE sports cars, SUV's, family haulers etc. Very few on EV's.....I've said it before, I don't see the change coming as quickly as some seem to insist it will.
Appreciate 0