Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
Fully understand, and the new x5 standard seats 'look' better than most. If you're comfortable in them then no problem, but my best advice is be sure before ordering. There's a reason most spec sport or comfort seats, and why they are so expensive. Lots of mechanics and padding in them. Got to help resale too. You'd have to discount against all the other f15's that have them. Personally resale is low priority. I want to live with this car for the next 7 years so it has to fit me and the family, I mention resale cos the seat price is clearly an irritant to you- they are pricey.

Ultimately comes down to personal priority based on past experience. I never even cared about seats in the past. It was engine, gearbox, sat nav, color, etc. then I experienced the 330 seats, lost $20k in 12 months, and now wouldn't buy a car without fully testing the seats again.
Your point is very valid...we selected the CS and crossed it out 3 times...lol
if I had the extra G's I would have probably selected it...I still have some time to rethink this through...as mine is a Diesel and the production won't start until Jan.

I still like to hear everyone's opinion and make the right decision...I also hear your point around investment and resell...I think this car will be with me for at least 4-5 years...but on the other hand, I don't want to keep it that long that it becomes worthless for resell...I liked your view on resell (with CS)

Last edited by Shaw; 11-24-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Appreciate 0