View Single Post
      10-13-2023, 04:25 PM   #12
highrevs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 (E90, 6MT, ZCP)

Another X2 M35i owner - operating under the assumption it’s the closest surrogate. All in all, it’s a solid DD. I’d probably have some concerns over the significant loss in torque with the new X1 and X2 models. In stock form, for me, it was okay as a DD. You do feel a little FWD bias occasionally but nothing like an actual turbo FWD car. One of the bigger issues was a combination of turbo lag and some weird software programming that would leave you hanging trying to make a quick left turn in traffic. If you go on the X2 forums it’s well documented - scary at times, trying to make a quick left in front of oncoming cars and the system basically gives you an effective 100 hp (not good). But once my warranty expired I added a piper cross air filter and Dinan boost controller set to race (power/torque rated at ~330/370) and it mostly solved that problem. I still always got the sense there was a programming issue based on steering input - assuming they’ve corrected that, the issue hopefully won’t be present in the new models. If they haven’t, with less torque frankly it could be worse in day to day driving. Some other factors - mine has only 16k miles, but I’ve owned it for 2.5 years, beyond warranty coverage and have never had to take it in for anything (not one issue) other than routine oil changes. All in all, I’ve thought about upgrading to an X3MC to have something more comparable to my supercharged E90 M3, but can’t really find a reason to get rid of the X2. The new X1 look is definitely an improvement though. My X2 has been nicknamed Q-Bert, which is pretty damn accurate!
Appreciate 1
414bhp166.00