View Single Post
      12-11-2019, 11:06 PM   #88
F15Michigan
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radekxpl View Post
Question for anyone who has completed ABC DPF Delete; Has anyone one deleted DPF installed downpipe and retained factory center/mid section along with oem cat? Reason I ask is because while researching this, it seems that all downpipes sold in US do not mate with OE center/mid section, therefore most people I've seen cut OE mid section after the cat and install piece of straight pipe or weld in aftermarket cat in that straight pipe. While researching I found few places from europe that sell downpipes that mate to OE center section. It seems more cost effective and easier to complete the abc delete because then you would need just replace DPF with downpipe have it tuned and that's it while retaining OE center/mid section with the catalytic converter still in place specially if someone still desires to have CAT in place. Any feedback on this be very helpful I'm in process of trying decide which way to go, would like to see if anyone has gone that way.
Hopefully someone will answer you soon. I'll be ordering my stuff this week to get this done. As others have posted you can get the down pipes from the turbo eliminating the dpf for about $300. The new tunes I'm told you don't have to delete the EGR so I'm figuring about $1500 to make this happen. I don't know why you can't use the factory cat back? I'm going to reach out to Malone tomorrow and ask them their thoughts.
Appreciate 0