09-21-2017, 12:44 AM   #75
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong0 View Post
this

there is a significant quality difference imo between the x5 and cayenne.

You are being short sighted if you do not cross shop between the 2. If I was stuck buying another suv hands down cayenne 100%. it is by far more luxurious, less truck like, and I think a better drive compared to my x550

as much griping about the 3rd row, it is still functional for mass kid transport which the cayenne cannot do.
The thing is I was cross shopping - Cayenne was my childhood dream so to speak (I wasn't exactly a child when they first appeared lol, but it was a epic car). However, we need to compare apples to apples: my 50i vs Turbo - sorry but Cayenne S will not cut it, not even close. So guess what? Cayenne Turbo 2014 with comparable mileage (21k miles) was $30k more expensive - ouch! My 14' 50i for $49k vs 14' Cayenne Turbo for $79k. I wish extra $30k was pennies for me, but unfortunately it's not and I would rather put that money towards my kids college lol. YMMV

Cross shopping ended for me right there

If you are not like me and performance doesn't matter to you and all you want is a Porsche badge or you can see yourself happily driving Cayenne S (or even Cayenne Base) - then I would agree, it makes sense to look and strongly consider Cayenne
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003946.50