08-14-2017, 08:49 PM   #16
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsal View Post
Will copy the post to the other thread, thanks for the heads up.

Perhaps you are right about the handling of the Q7. Didn't really get a chance to play as it was the only test drive where the sales guy insisted on coming along...he squeezed in the back seat with my 2 kids and was constantly leaning forward looking over my shoulder...that rubbed me the wrong way right away.

All said and done I picked up my new X5 a week ago. On top of that BMW gave me the best trade-in valuation ($9k higher than Audi was giving). If reliability was not a factor I would be in the Disco.
Enjoy your X5! Did you get 3rd row?
In NYC, Upsate, or Long Island, I've never had the pleasure of having the car all to myself. Do dealers really do that? That sounds like a dream to me. Forget about squeezing in the back, one guy insisted he sit in the front seat while asking my Aunt to go back so "he could show me". He was like "you know how to do things" and my answer, "put it in Drive and it moves" he had attitude but sat in the back, did NOT say a word about the vehicle, not a single sales pitch or "cool stuff". That's the Audi for ya..... However Volvo and LR guys were all amazing, they showed me bunch of cool stuff.

If anyone knows any place in NYC where I could actually take the car for a drive all by myself, please do share. Maybe because these dealers let you drive cars that they plan to sell to others?