View Single Post
      08-15-2021, 11:01 PM   #6
crystalworks
Captain
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmurda View Post
Don't think that applies to F15 N55. Mine started leaking fluid, I did some poking around, it only requires the reinforcement plate to be removed, at least for the N55 that's the case. Shop quote was 1.5 hrs each mount. Don't spread wrong info and scare people if you've "never done an F15"
Hah. Okay. First, I missed the model in the bottom of his signature. The V8 and the diesels complicate things GREATLY.

Went and looked it up for everyone on the N55. It requires removal of the reinforcement plate and the engine mount arms, as well as the "bearing support for the output shaft" on the right side. They will also require the engine to be supported from the top if doing it "the right way." Or from the bottom with a jack if doing it like most DIY'ers will do it.

So, while I admitted to not having done the job on the F15, I gave fairly accurate info just not pertaining to his vehicle due to not realizing the model in his initial request. My bad. Your info however, is incomplete. If you are going to disparage someone's response, at least follow up with a more complete answer to the question the OP was asking.

Last edited by crystalworks; 08-15-2021 at 11:06 PM..
Appreciate 2
sukhk5272168.00
MH20jy15.00