Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by randrews15 View Post
I did motor mounts on a E70 X5 that I sold a few months ago. Drivers side was a breeze but requires the removal of the charge pipe for sure. The passenger side was a different story. It was an Xdrive and this requires the removal of the axle in order to access one bolt that holds the engine mount bracket in place. To get the axle out you'll need to loosen some of the lower control arms as well, and you'll need a axle puller tool to reseat the axle. I used a jack and a block of wood to lift the motor once everything was loose to move the mounts out. It's very doable as a DIY if your good and have the right tools. Plan on spending about 3 to 4 hours doing this as the passenger side requires so much work. I imagine a S drive would be easier as there isn't any front axles to deal with. You'll definitely learn new words undertaking this process. I ordered BMW mounts as I didn't know if Febi was a good replacement. I would imagine Corteco is the maker of the BMW mounts.
I would imagine Corteco is a likely OES. The E53 N62 that I did used Corteco as OE mounts.

As for the axles being in the way, I can't say for sure as I haven't done the F15 (yet, will do the wife's diesel in another 10-20,000 miles). I know on the X5's I did, E70 and E53, the axles were not an issue. As I posted, TIS does not indicate that the axles are a problem on the F15.
That is only on the S63 engine. The N55 Will have the axles in the way of it's xdrive. I have the same manual and it didn't indicate this for some reason.
Appreciate 0