08-24-2016, 06:18 PM   #13
oojnah
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
I've done some top up now my car has more miles. I got a drivetrain malfunction error, but after ripping out my RaceChip, it never came back.

I'm not sure why you would have a grievance for the DME update; you can refuse that if you wanted or scheduled it to coincide with your service.

As for vibration, perhaps your tires need rebalancing? Mine is perfectly fine. I had once a vibration that I felt, and it turns out one of the wheel weights fell off, so perhaps have that looked at.

I guess the tailgate rattles a bit on mine when I hit a bump or run on uneven ground; I mean the hood also flexes when I drive really fast. Seems normal to me.

Anyways the more complicated the car is, the more likely it will have problems. The BMW is doing quite well actually. We have some other vehicles. Our Porsche seems to need expensive parts all the time not to mention it seems to need an oil top up every other fill up. Our Land Rover has these minor things like the moonroof cover derailing. We have this Audi where the instrument panel will just go blank (all the gauges will stop working)—happened many times; and the engine wouldn't start at higher altitude. A buddy with a Mercedes has problem with his seats all the time; the dealer has replaced the active seat bolsters three times already and replaced this driver seat as well for just breaking. Friends of mine with exotic cars have it way worse.
Thank you for the comment.

It's tempting but I didn't do any tuning on my X5.
For s/w update, The Service recommend to commence to get better engine performance. not sure but they just said new s/w have more precise control.

As for vibration, when the DriveTrain issue was happened, the car was in Service for 1week. The Service did every test what they could(road test, engine check up, tire, software ...) but the answer was "Not Sure" they just conclude for bad gas. To be honest, I can not buy this answer. Because I filled 91-octane all the times for any gas station but why only my car complaint about it? In addition, they also asked to go Shell all the time.

I know BMW car is very complicate machine but it takes my effort and time too much.
Appreciate 0