View Single Post
      06-27-2020, 11:38 AM   #41
THEX5BEAST
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5D X Drive/ 2018 540D M

Garage List
[QUOTE=UnhappySwede;20517101]We run on high quality diesel here in Sweden and I still had all these problems some 5 months after delivery of the car. Even had a broken thermostath making it all worse.

During this Winter, when it was below freezing, the rear of the car would turn completely back from all the soot coming out of the exhaust. Never seen this on any vehicle Before, so no wonder the EGR valve clogged up a while later.

BMW is priding themselves in strong engnines with Little fuel consumption. This however comes at the cost of reliability, and this is what we now are suffering. It's not that Toyota don't know how to make their Engines strong and efficent, they just chose to make them last instead.[/QUOTE

My Toyota experience was miserable. Bought a new 2016 Tacoma V6 Limited. Multiple problems. Took it in for its first oil change and it was in the shop for 4 months due to an oil leak in the trans or differential. Apparently it was a safety issue. Got a 4 Runner for a loaner BUT not what I wanted or bought. Traded it for a new 2017 X5 D at 80K loaded which I love. Tows way better than the Taco too. We'll see, at 15,000 miles a check engine light is on. Appointment next week.Still runs like a German watch.
Appreciate 0