View Single Post
      01-17-2015, 03:24 AM   #99
pdawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 XDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
If it's a matte finish, which the 3M version you posted is, it will look tacky with the rest of your Alpine White body since it has clearcoat (giving it a gloss finish). You should at least have a gloss look. I know you like carbon fiber since that is what you did with your emblems and wrapped your trim piece with. For your trim piece, you used 3D carbon, which looks cheap (I hate saying that about others' mods). You should have used tech carbon gloss making it look better/more premium: http://www.amazon.com/Black-carbon-p...s+carbon+fiber. I hope you get what I'm saying. I think your mods are great...I'm just giving some helpful info to make them better. Of course, you can completely disagree...that's the beauty of opinions and taste - we're all different .

I'm sure many don't like my mods .
So true, for example I hate the glossy black CF. But on the white I think your suggestion for the gloss finish is spot on. I think I will order some and just try it out on the back reflectors to see how it looks with the mineral white. Now enough of our mods before we get accused of
Appreciate 1