Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighting.Grey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DgjoX6M2016 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGM6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by musa View Post
The first step is to find out if there're any codes thrown. Get yourself F series diagnosis / coding software + cable. Helps to narrow down rather than groping in the dark and being at the mercies of dealer / mechanic.
Thanks I forgot to mention that I already used my code reader, and the only codes were for the check engine light that the downpipes throw since I dont have cats anymore. I've been leaning towards spark plugs and im hoping its either that or the coil packs. I remember in my E63 M6 that around the 40k mile oil change they did a spark plug change as well but not sure if they do the same thing for the X6M as im due for an oil change as well.
I have had plugs replaced 2x as maintenance. I believe at 20k intervals. I suspect that is it if you haven't replaced them at all. I doubt coils. They seem to last a while.
So how often should you replace the coils? Every two times spark plug change?
I don't see anything in schedule for coils and to my knowledge are original.

Coils on my other BMWs last 150k miles.

The tips of the plug are obviously in a brutal environment of heat and high compression explosions. Coils have it easy and simply snap on to top of plug. Nowhere near as harsh an environ and I believe their duty cycle is quite long unless a defect shows up.
Appreciate 1